Tuesday 24 March 2015

The Wonder Child Challenge - Chapter Three

Welcome to the third and final installment of my Wonder Child Challenge! This is a relatively short chapter because, once again, I was so focused on skilling that I didn't take a lot of pictures. Hope you enjoy!

Now that Ben is a teen, I'm all about the skilling and aspirations so I can try to get as many of both things as I can!


I set Ben off on his first aspiration, which requires him to read. I purchased the Speed Reader trait to whiz through this part and get to the skills bit.


I bought as many skill items as I could for Ben when he aged up so he could at least make a start on them all. Every skill point is an extra point towards my total after all.


The family's been living off quick meals for a while now since I've been too lazy to get Melanie to cook things. I was worried that Ben might set the house on fire, but we were fine.


Ben's social bar is always quite low so I have to send little brother, Chris, in to save the day. This results in slower skilling though, which is annoying.


I had hoped to avoid this. Ben was there to witness his father's death which gave him the Sad mood for two days (and there was nothing I could do to shift it, I tried!). I was sad to see Alf go, but he was a huge help in providing Ben with sleep replacement potions and he also completed his aspiration to become a Painter Extraordinaire before he died too.


At the exact same moment, Melanie died. It was sweet and yet so sad. No one witnessed her death and she didn't manage to complete her aspiration.


Chris became a teenager without much fanfare. He's basically a lookalike of his brother, except he got his father's eyes and Ben got his mother's.


This is the only interesting thing that happened in the final few days leading up to Ben's young adult birthday.


The maid died and Chris was there to see it.


With less than a day left of teenhood, I remembered that with Ben being my Apocalypse founder, he'd need some fishing skills. Luckily, there were plenty of places to fish around their home.


And so, the time finally came. I was determined to squeeze as much out of the party as I possibly could.


Here is a tally of all the skills Ben gained throughout his life so far (not including the childhood ones, obviously). These skills - plus the childhood ones - got him a total of 297 points.


And here's all his traits. I drained his aspiration points once the party was over - I got an improved result from my first attempt, but it was still only silver so no extra points. His traits got me another 160 points.

With his A student status netting me 13 points (7 from childhood, 6 from teenhood) and topping his teen career getting me 8 points, my total for the Wonder Child Challenge is...

478 points!!

I am so happy about this. You can find Ben and Chris on the gallery under the wonder child hashtag or search DeSouza perhaps? My gallery username is Cheminimal, which might make it easier to find them.

I hope that you'll continue to follow this family as they venture into the apocalypse. I'm sure Ben will make a great founder. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment